"Our wonderful Ambrosia's history is colored by outside forces spilling the blood of our own and defiling our sacred stars. Let the fools destroy themselves. Assist in this. End them all. None will threaten Ambrosia again."
- The Ambrosia Alliance Department of Foreign Affairs
The Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems (or the A.A.U.S.) is the current governing body of all colonized worlds of its member species in the Ambrosia Galaxy.
The Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems, often shortened to just the Ambrosia Alliance, is the largest nation within the Ambrosia Galaxy. Its function is to unite all of the Ambrosia Galaxy under one banner of protection, exploration, colonization, and peace. Though this unrealistically optimistic goal is often undermined by many factors such as wars, and certain people's general unwillingness to cooperate with each other. Despite this, the Ambrosia Alliance is generally considered to be a positive force by many of its people.
Most of the Ambrosia Alliance's efforts are placed on colonization, and exploration of celestial bodies across the galaxy, though it often focuses on the quality of life for its citizens, and offering other intelligent civilizations to join them as well. This system isn't always perfect, as numerous disagreements be them civil, or aggressive, to the point of war, have occurred and continue to occur.
The respective rulers of each one of the member species are often viewed in high regard as an individual who puts the needs of their people above anything else as they are put in power by the public. This isn't always the case, in fact the majority of the time, their leaders are in it for their own personal gain. If one is discovered to be as such, then the people can vote on evicting them from their position of power.
Department of Etymology Technological Research
The Department of Etymology Technological Research (or the D.E.T.R.) is a department of the the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems in the Ambrosia Galaxy. Its function is to research, catalog, and possibly replicate the various pieces of Etymology technology that is discovered. The Department of Etymology Technological Research is one of the most prominent individual departments of the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems, as its function is one of the most important and lucrative endeavors that the state has in its arsenal.
And this aforementioned function is to research and catalog the many pieces of strange and alien technology created by the illusive Etymology, as they served as one of the most technologically powerful singular civilizations in the known universe. They also attempt to use these pieces of technology to benefit the Ambrosia Alliance, as well as to see if they can be replicated in anyway. But due to many of them being created by a single individual, replication is easier said then done in most cases. Despite its name, this department's function does not only entail technology of Etymology origin, but also technologies belonging to the prior Theogony, or various other older civilizations, as well as more recent technologies, but currently remain anomalous
Department of Etymology Technological Research Contract
Any individual that wished to apply for a job in the Department of Etymology Technological Research must agree to sign the following contract.
- Upon the signing of this contract, you acknowledge that you understand that all pieces of technology believed to be of Etymology origin, or prior discovered by the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems, and or any private individual(s) is property of the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems and is solely to be handled under their jurisdiction and supervision. If you or any other individual(s) that you are aware of keeps any piece of technology believed to be of Etymology, or prior origin for themselves, and or keeps the knowledge of its existence from the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems, then this will lead to an immediate termination of employment and possible incarceration.
- : Upon the signing of this contract, all information on pieces of technology you've gathered needs to be reported in a clear and conclusive manner to your higher ups. If this duty is failed at a minimum of three times, then your employment will be terminated. If it has been discovered that you, or any other individual(s) you know have been keeping information away from the Ambrosia Alliance of United Systems intentionally, and or using to benefit yourself, or anyone else you may know, then this may lead to your possible incarceration
- Upon the signing of this contract, you will be required to follow any instruction that your higher ups give you (So long as these remain within the confines of this department's function, and or the law). Keep in mind that all instructions given to you are from hired and trained professionals, so any questions of appropriateness, relevance, or ethicality should be deflected. If this duty is failed at a minimum of three times, then your employment will be terminated.
- Upon the signing of this contract, you acknowledge that you understand that the Department of Etymology Technological Research is free of any liabilities involving any form of accident, injury, or death caused by any piece of technology of Etymology origin. In the unfortunate instance of someone's death, then appropriate amounts of compensation will be paid to the appropriate individuals
- Upon the signing of this contract, you and any other individual(s) currently employed by the Department of Etymology Technological Research must refrain from any form of romantic relationship(s) with each other, and maintain professionalism. This especially includes any piece of Etymology technology (Please refer to the Edward Incident for more information on this rule). If you or any other individual(s) have been found to be in a romantic relationship between yourselves or any piece of Etymology technology, then this will result in immediate termination of employment.
- Upon the signing of this contract, you agree to not disclose any information on pieces of technology believed to be of Etymology origin that have been deemed too sensitive for the public by your higher ups. If it has been discovered that you have disclosed any information such as this, then your employment will be immediately terminated, and may lead to your possible incarceration.
- Upon the signing of this contract, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the care of any piece of Etymology origin you have been assigned to. If a piece of technology is damaged in any way not intended by the Department of Etymology Technological Research, and or is damaged to the point of being inoperable if it wasn't already. Then your pay will be docked substantially, and will continue to be for each subsequent violation for a minimum of three times. If the third violation is met, then your employment will be terminated.
- Upon the signing of this contract, you acknowledge that if your work performance is deemed to be less then satisfactory at best, or lack luster at worst, your pay may be deducted at any amount the Department of Etymology Technological Research deems worthy of your performance in the two aforementioned categories. If your performance continues to be deemed this way several times, then your employment may be terminated.
Department of Etymology Technological Research Contract Instructions
The following are the standardized instructions given to all employees of the Department of Etymology Technological Research.
"The purpose of this following document is to assist you in the various duties your job entails. If you are receiving this document, then that means you have been, or will be placed in a controlled environment with a piece of technology believed to be of Etymology or older origin. These instructions are mainly to assist those who are new to the position, however it can be quite helpful for those of greater experience to review these instructions as to refresh their memory. Follow these instructions, and document your interaction with the piece of technology well."-Document.
- Upon being placed in the controlled environment with the piece of technology, make sure that it is either inoperative or is in a controlled state that you feel comfortable that it will not interfere with your various tests. If you feel the piece of technology is either becoming unstable or aggressive, and or reactivating when it was meant to be inoperative. Then please calmly leave the controlled environment with the pass code you were assigned with, upon your exit the room will be promptly sealed and will remain so until' the piece of technology is contained in a safe state. Once you are situated in a manner that allows you to preform the various duties, please preform them in the following order, unless' specifically told otherwise by your higher ups.
- Once situated in a comfortable fashion, please review the specific piece of technology you are assigned to on your assignment ledger. After identifying the piece of technology's function and nature. As well as the title of the piece of technology given by the Department of Etymology Technological Research, please preform the various tests in the order below, unless specifically told otherwise by your higher ups.
- Take note of the large control panel that should be situated in front of you. On this control panel, you can find various lights and buttons, this is where you will preform your various tests. On the two sides of the panel are large lights, underneath them is labels containing various things. This is to assist you in the various tests that need to be preformed in the proper order determined by either the A.I system assisting you, or your higher ups. Take note of when a light is turned on, then preform the corresponding test with the respective labeled buttons. If this panel fails to direct you in some way, or if it is directing towards a test that your higher ups have told you not to preform, then some guess work may be required. Keep in mind that you are responsible for any damage to the technology, or negative consequences caused by a test.
- Most commonly, your first test will be to see if the piece of technology is cognitively aware of its surroundings (assuming the piece of technology is believed to be sentient in some way) Your first attempt in this will be to test responses to audio stimuli. Document the response time and reaction(s) of the piece of technology. Next, will be to see if the piece of technology can visually see the area it is placed within. The most common form of visual stimuli will be simplistic flashes of light in various colors that will be played in a sequence. Document the response to this well if the piece of technology moves, or changes the state it was in before the visual stimuli played in any way.
- If the piece of technology would begin to speak to you in a language you or your artificial translator cannot understand. Document the length of its speech, or if you can ascertain the emotion the piece of technology is displaying via the tone it is speaking in. If it would begin to speak to you in a language you understand, please do not engage in conversation and only document what it is currently saying to you, unless your higher ups tell you to engage, then you must follow what they say to the letter.