The Flower Galaxy is a medium-sized flocculent spiral galaxy, similar in size to Triangulum and similar in structure to Andromeda. It is located just outside the local group, roughly ten million ly away from the Milky Way Galaxy. The Flower Galaxy is known mostly for its rather large size, being the second largest galaxy in the Telusian Group. The galaxy contains many life-forms, and is remarkably decentralized compared to its neighbors. The galaxy is controlled by hundreds of different empires and republics, a notable one being the Cnara-Frealee Federation, a K2.5 civilization near the galactic core. The Flower Galaxy is not particularly well known, but it has a vast history, close to rivalling the Ambrosia Galaxy.
The most powerful force in the galaxy is the Cnara-Frealee Federation, which claims much of the galactic core in its territory. The federation is centered on the Cnara System, an old K-type star with several planets and is located in an unusually calm region of the galaxy, allowing mass extinctions to not occur too often. This led to remarkably fast development of life, leading to the Carleans arising relatively early compared to other life, allowing it to amass a large amount of territory.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Galactic Geography
- 3 Satellite Galaxies
- 4 Simplified Timeline
- 5 Notable Celestial Objects
- 6 Notable Civilizations
- 7 Full List of Systems
- 8 Notable Anomalies
- 9 Map
Originally known to the Confederacy as Dwingeloo 1, it was later named the Flower Galaxy, due to its pretty, flower-like shape. It is the home of seventy billion stars, hundreds of billions of planets, and countless species of intelligent life. The galaxy is so fertile that almost one in thirty systems in the galaxy has at least one world with native life, making it one of the most life-filled galaxies in the universe, coming in second or third to Ambrosia of course.
It was the home galaxy of the Providence Union, a vast empire covering most of the galaxy and rivaling the ancient Etymology of Ambrosia in strength. It fell for unknown reasons almost a billion years ago.
The Flower Galaxy is composed of seven main regions, each with its own interesting set of cultures and species.
- Flower Core
- Frealee Arm
- Elerad Arm
- Charity Arm
- Lareas Arm
- Galactic Halo
- Satellite Galaxies
The Flower Galaxy has three satellite galaxies in orbit around it.
The Myrmidan galaxy is the closest of the three Flower Galaxy Satellites. Only containing approximately 700 million stars, Myrmidan only contains seven contacted intelligent species. It orbits at a very close proximity to the Flower Galaxy, and is in a polar orbit around it. Its orbit is slowly degrading, and it will likely soon collide with the galaxy, triggering a wave of star formation.
Currently, the Myrmidan Galaxy is controlled fully (except for a few footholds at the edges) by the reclusive Somnar Hive, an isolated empire that not much is known about.
The Iriat galaxy is an incredibly small galaxy with only fifty million stars. The Iriat Galaxy only has two contacted intelligent species, and contains a large amount of big stars.
The Lareas Galaxy is the most distant and largest of the satellites. The galaxy contains roughly ten billion stars, and interestingly has a higher colonization percentage than Myrmidan, even though it's more distant. It is a very active star former, and it has a large amount of large stars and nebulae. Lareas is currently split in three between the Republic of the Spider Nebula, the Union of Narenna, and the Kormin Empire, and the galaxy is ravaged with war.
The Lareas Galaxy used to be a lot closer in the distant past, and once even brushed past the Flower Galaxy, creating the life-filled Lareas Arm.
- Formation Era (13,100,000,000-11,800,000,000 BCE): This was when the Flower Galaxy and its satellites were forming. The galaxy and most of the rest of the universe was completely uninhabitable during this time, as there was an extreme overabundance of large stars that went supernova.
- Pre-Providence Union Era (11,800,000,000-2,400,000,000 BCE): In this era, many civilizations rose and fell, ranging from embryonic to almost type III. This is when the Lareas Alliance briefly conquered most of the Flower Galaxy, before it completely vanished off the map, leaving nothing but ruined dyson swarms.
- Providence Union Era (2,400,000,000-950,000,000 BCE): This is when the mid-type III Providence Union united the galaxy and has begun to colonize the satellites. Near the end of this era, hundreds of black hole bombs went off, utterly destroying most of the major systems. What was left was unable to pick up the pieces, and the Union collapsed. It is still unknown who triggered the bombs.
- Formation Era: The Sequel (950,000,000-4,500,000 BCE): Not much happened in this era. The Lareas Galaxy passed through the galactic disk, prying off the Lareas Arm and triggering a massive burst of star formation.
- Telusian Civilization Era (4,500,000-3,000,000 BCE): This is the era when the galaxy was under the control of the Telusian Civilization.
- Present Era (3,000,000 BCE-present day): The current era. This era is filled with the birth of hundreds of civilizations, from embryonic to late Kardashev II. One of the most powerful existing ones is the Cnara-Frealee Federation.
Notable Celestial Objects
- Cnara System - Home system of the Cnara-Frealee Federation, binary system with a red giant and a red dwarf
- Frealee System - Secondary home system of the Cnara-Frealee Federation, large system with a F-type star
- Heart of Providence - large Intermediate-mass black hole at the center of the galaxy
- Birran - White supergiant close to the Cnara system, quite bright and helped the Cnara-Frealee Federation advance to the K2 stage, also contains some elusive Telusian artefacts left from the Telusian era
- Saihera System - A small system in the galactic halo, with two lifebearing planets.
- Treana Nebula - largest nebula in the galaxy and its satellites, home of another civilization
- Treana System - ternary wolf-rayet star system, center of the Treana Nebula and one of the most extreme stellar systems in the entire galaxy
- Fornes - giant evolved cool star, best described as a red hypergiant. May be a quasi star, near Treana
- Eimvas - hypervelocity O-type main sequence star, once had a close encounter with the
- Radul - hypervelocity wolf-rayet star in the galactic halo, with a large nebula surrounding it
- Narad - Brown dwarf, home system of the Somnar Hive in the Myrmidan Galaxy. Not much is known about it.
- The Grey Star - Anomalous light-emitting area of space within the outskirts of the galaxy.
- Plokeon - A binary star with a wolf-rayet star and an evolved supergiant star, in the Charity Arm.
- Collective States of Wryn
- Many others
- Providence Union (extinct)
Full List of Systems