The Lewis Galaxy is a barred spiral galaxy, similar in shape to the Via Sagittaria Galaxy. It is located approximately 12 million light years from the Via Sagittaria, which also makes it a relatively close Galaxy.
It is one of the most populated by Humans (sharing it wih various species), having one of the highest concentrations of humans among the known universe. The Lewis Galaxy is also located at the center of what is known as Herschel Space, and it is one of the biggest galaxies in it.
The Lewis Galaxy was named after Lewis A. Swift, an ancient Human astronomer who is credited for discovering numerous galaxies.
The colonization of the Lewis Galaxy began with the events happening in 20,120 CE in the Via Sagittaria Galaxy, in the Colony World of Anar, under the rule of the Confederacy of Borealis. Colonists, discontent with treatment by Confederacy Authorities during a local plague struggled, decided that it was time to leave the Confederacy to start a new beginning far away into the stars and far from the influence of other human nations, free to make their own decisions. The recent improvement of Hyperdrive technology at the time, made this travel possible and has remained, alongside wormhole technology, the only means of travel in the Galaxy (Warp drive is also used, mainly as backup technology for Hyperdrive precision).
Scientists on Anar soon found a suitable planet in a far distant and unclaimed galaxy connected through the explored Wormhole known as "the Eye of Freedom". All preparations began and in 20,126 CE, five ships departed for the Lewis Galaxy, carrying 200 million pioneer settlers. The initiative was followed by seven more colony ships, seeking to scape the devastation of the War of the Decamillennial Transition, adding 600 million settlers and making the final number of pioneers at 800 million. This are the ancestors of all the billions of humans currently living in this Galaxy.
In the year 20,166 CE all ships landed and settled successfully in Elpida. By 20,173 CE transportation communication connecting all settlements improved and joined all of them up physically, rather than just through telecommunications or spacecraft travel. The precursor of this innovative colony ships served as the basis for the Aura Colony Ships of the Empire of Mankind and other Lewis Nations.
In 42 000 CE, the Nations of the Lewis Galaxy started to explore the nearby Galaxies. By 45 000 CE, mass colonization and settlement of those galaxies began.
In 93,890 CE, after 73 724 years from the arrival of humans into the Lewis Galaxy, it had mostly run out of available habitable unpopulated planets for settlement, so by 95,000 CE, most of the nations in this Galaxy started to further even more their expansion into other nearby Galaxies. Still many systems and resources remained unexploited and hundreds of millennia of growth into the Galaxy was still possible. Also many planets and settlements were either sparsely populated or could hold much larger populations.
This Galaxy is one of the most populated by Humans in the whole universe, after the Via Sagittaria Galaxy and Aylothn Galaxy. Its the fourth Galaxy in Human density habitation and population as well as the heart of the Pisces Constellation from which most humanity settled this area of the Universe.
The Lewis Galaxy is divided in 4 arms and the core. Two arms are divided again in two areas and two arms are divided in three areas. They are as follow:
- Draconius Arm: Meaning Dragon in Latin, it is divided into the Imperial Draconius Arm and the Outer Draconius Arm.
- Nephos Arm: Meaning Mist or Fog in Ancient Greek, due to its high amount of nebulas and dispersed stars. It is divided into the Outer Nephos Arm and the Inner Nephos Arm.
- Focea Arm: Meaning Seal in Greek, do to its shape. It is divided in three sections, the Outer Focea Arm, the Central Focea Arm (sometimes called Mid Focea Arm) and the Inner Focea Arm.
- Orpheus Arm: Named under the ancient greek god of sleep, the arm is divided in three areas. The Erythros Orpheus Arm, meaning the Red Orpheus Arm, due to its bright reddish color and high concentration of nebulas, the Kyaneos Orpheus Arm, meaning the Blue Orpheus Arm due to its bluish color and the Adeio Orpheus Galaxy, meaning the Empty, since the area has a low concentration of stars and systems.
- The Core: Also known as Nucleus, is splitted due to its high amount of stars, systems and planets. Most of it is under the Empire of Mankind.
According to Navigation Charts and Administration purposes, the Galaxy is divided on several Quadrants)
- Okaia Quadrant: It's the most populous and with a higher density of human population than anywhere else in the entire Herschel Space.
- Yeda Quadrant: Its the most diverse, with several nations and aliens living within the Quadrant. It is the second most populous and with the second highest concentration of humans.
- Tirso Quadrant: It's Somehow populated, although still some areas are considered to be on the frontier of colonization or are barely looked upon.
- Taira Quadrant: Its the Third most populous and with largest density. Almost the entire quadrant lies on Unionist territory.
- Ura Quadrant: It's pretty much empty, with few worlds and colonies the further you go. It is still strategic, as it is a place for expansion and development from this nations.
- Adeio Quadrant: Has low population and density. It is mostly populated by Imperial o Federal Colonist.
Nations in this Galaxy
Humans arrived from Via Sagittaria into this Galaxy in five colony ships from the world of Anar, following some catastrophic events, carrying 200 million humans. This are the ancestors of all the trillions of humans currently living in the Lewis galaxy. The largest Human Nation in this Galaxy is the Empire of Mankind, closely followed by the Union, The Intergalactic Federation and the United Alliance.
- Empire of Mankind: The First human nation on this Galaxy, born out of refugees from events on the Planet Anar in the Via Sagittaria Galaxy. They set up a republic on Planet Elpida, settling many worlds later on. This republic that turn out with time into an Empire. The Emperor and the Nobles are the rulers alongside a Senate and a Legislative Parliament that gives power to the people to counteract absolutism. It's the most powerful human nation in the Lewis Galaxy and the most populated. Established in 20 166 CE and turn into an empire by 28 648 CE.
- The Union: Its a human nation that was born out of escaped slaves from the Empire of Mankind, settling on Isso, and founding a New Religion out of a local Parasite that enhances their human abilities. It's a Theocracy, ruled by a Parliament or Assembly, and a Theocratic Council formed by High priests and led by a Great Theocrat, that acts as sort of a President. Established in 35 190 CE.
- The Intergalactic Federation, previously known as The Lewis Federation: Born out of the Wars between the Union and the Empire of Mankind, several refugees from the conflict settled in and around the Akai Nebulae, founding the Lewis Federation, that took the name of the Galaxy it was located in. Following the millennia, the Federation greatly expanded into adjacent Galaxies and in 62 255 CE was changed and renamed The Intergalactic Federation. It was Established in 45 378 CE.
- The United Alliance: It was born out of isolation and revolt from the Lewis Federation. It soon became a new nation, made not only of humans but several other alien species from the Galaxy and nearby galaxies, when the Alliance expanded beyond. Established in 47 565 CE.
- Plutocracy of Gish: It's a small nation that originated after the Nobility War of the Empire of Mankind in the late fourth age and is based on the planet Gish. It was ruled until the revolution of 98 310 CE by a council of nobles, but now the country is transformed into a Mega Corporation ruled by a council of Rich Traders and Merchants. Established in 27 956 CE.
- The Republic of Sion: Once member of the United Alliance, located in the far Germinis Nebula, it declared its independence from the United Alliance peacefully alongside some other worlds in the region due to difficulties in many aspects. The newly formed Republic is a high tech country, based mostly on robotic and IA technology. Its capital is on planet Sion. Its an direct democracy in which every citizen has a chip implanted in their heads, allowing them to vote instantly in every aspect of the state. Bionics are widespread and robots and androids perform most of the task in this nation. Established in 55 006 CE.
The Arati Clans: The Arati are based on a complicated system of clans than are ruled by an assembly. They are a unified stated originating in a cold world called Aran. They are from the Lewis Galaxy and are expanding into nearby galaxies.
- The Krizik Regime: Its a powerful nation based on a Federation of conquered nations, that are government by a Council of powerful warrior representatives of each planet and each ancient nation of Izk. Slavery is very rare and only for the wealthy, a commodity.
- The Krizik Stratocracy: Its the most advanced of the Krizik Nations and also the most organized and civilized. They are governed by a council of the top positions of the military. Slavery is ilegal.
- The Krizik Dominium: It's the most militaristic of the Krizik Nations, very much based in honor. They are ruled by a dictatorship based on one ancient nation that conquered and submit others. Practice slavery.
- The Krizik Warrior Assembly: Its a minor warrior nation based on Tribes and Honor but more sophisticated and civilized than the Dominium. They are based on a democratic Assembly were all warrior of the nation can speak their minds in the Assembly made by the most honorable for the nation.
The Aldorian Nations: This species is original from the Planet Birnis, a mild-cold planet. The Aldorians are original from the Minotaur Galaxy and have expanded into nearby Galaxies, including the Lewis Galaxy. Similar to Mammalian-like creatures.
- The Aldorian Dominium: Its a pseudo-democracy, that is ruled by a Council of Members. They are the largest Aldorian Nation, and Birnis, the Homeworld of the Aldorians is located here.There culture is Margak and comes directly from the Fandor Continent.
- The Aldorian High Kingdom: Based on the Planet Selen, it was form out of the Teremir Culture of the Aldorians, and its ruled by an Emperor and its nobility. They split from the Teremir Kingdom in Birnis, after a dynastic conflict. The space colonies of settled by the Teremir separated and became the Aldorian High Kingdom.
- The Aldorian Hegemony: Coming from the Palnir region and Culture, they are somehow ruled by a Council of Prince-nobles and based themselves on the Four prophet religion rather than the myriad of gods. It has a high degree of freedom among its citizens, not like the Aldorian High Kingdom.
- The Aldorian League: It's a commercial nation, sometimes functioning as a Megacorporation. Its a peculiar nation, in which a Third of its citizens live in Giant spacecrafts, trading and moving over the stars. The culture of this Nation is Inosh and is original from the Oran Continent of Birnis.
- The Aldorian Assembly of Clans: Its a nation originated by the Uhara culture of the Aldorians, and is a militaristic nation, that dedicates itself to plundering, sacking, smuggling and commerce with Slaves and others. They also sell themselves into mercenaries.
- The Aldorian Military Junta: Is a Militaristic Nation, governed by a Junta of the top positions of the military. It is based on tradition and is also highly religious. It's rather xenophobic and thinks that the Universe is for the Aldorians and its their duty to clean the universe from other life forms or enslave them.
- The Aldorian Confederacy: Its a Democratic Nation, based on full democracy and liberty, based on the Margak culture in the Fandor continent of Birnis. It was based on the principals of one of the regions of Birnis.
- The Aldorian Shabada: It's a Theocratic and Militaristic Nation, based on religious principles out of the many gods of the Aldorians and with less emphasis on the Four Prophets of the Aldorians.
The Murban Directorate: Its a Alien Nation based on efficiency and effectiveness. All its members give their lives for the state. The Murban are a very communal species. They are governed by a Council of the most well-educated professionals of their species, like scientists and economist. This species comes from an oceanic world. They originated in the Perseus Galaxy and have expanded into the Lewis Galaxy. They are similar to Octopuses or Squids.
The Koors: The Koors are an enslaved species from the Lewis Galaxy, originating on the planet K'stoor, that were less technologically developed when they were found by the Aldorians and conquered by them. 90% of the species lives in slavery, mostly in the Aldorian High Kingdom, the Aldorian Hegemony and in the Aldorian Shabada, and 10% of it lives across many other nations as free citizens, notably the Aldorian Confederacy and the United Alliance. Neikoor (Meaning New K'stoor) is a world in the United Alliance entirely populated by Koor refugees and ex-slaves and its descendants. It's the only world that is completely free and populated by this species. The Koor are a minority in the rest of the worlds that they inhabit.